Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pantagraph.com | Health | Survey finds big holes in kids’ dental care

Pantagraph.com | Health | Survey finds big holes in kids’ dental care:

Fluoridation is mandated in Illinois:

"Since when Do you have to have a dental exam to enter 2nd grade? My daughter goes to Glenn and she didn't need one! I would have LOVED Her to need one, we have medicaid and let me tell you, there are a total of 3 dentists in this town that accept medicaid. One is the health department and I will never take my child there after a friend took her 2 year old who didn't want to go back in the room alone, yet the nurse tried to drag him away saying his mother couldn't go, HE WAS TWO! I don't think so... And the other two dental offices are great, but they have waiting lists as long as 2 years, THEY SAY... I have been on the waiting list for my daughter to get in to BOTH dentists since she was 3 1/2 and we moved here... She is 8 now... I call on a bi-weekly basis. Sometimes I've been dropped from the list, others it's still a long wait.. Then suddenly one of those offices has decided they no longer take NEW medicaid patients... SO WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO!? "dropped from the list, others it's still a long wait.. Then suddenly one of those offices has decided they no longer take NEW medicaid patients... SO WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO!? '"